FOODSERVICE PIONEERING CONCEPT COMPETITION
APPLICATION FORM - DEADLINE: JULY 2, 2013
We are looking for the next great foodservice concept. With no client, no budget, no limitations, what would you design?
The selected concept will be built as a life-sized; working “set” right on the International Hotel/Motel + Restaurant (IHMRS) Exhibition Floor during the show, Nov. 10-12, at the Jacob Javits Center, NYC.
Your model will be an actual, Wi-Fi- enabled gathering place for show attendees looking to network, rejuvenate and log in, but they’ll be doing it in your innovative new foodservice “concept” – and they’ll walk away inspired.
The Mission: Conceive, create and rough-design your most creative idea for the following:
A revenue-generating foodservice concept. It can be suited to a nontraditional location, such as a lobby, a courtyard, hallway, concourse or any high-traffic space not specifically outfitted to foodservice (limited water, no ventilation) OR an innovative concept for a traditional foodservice space. NOTE: Your concept proposal MUST BE BUILDABLE on the IHMRS Show Floor; it will be a scaled model.
- IHMRS will provide winner with complimentary travel and hotel accommodations from November 8 – 12 in order to supervise the installation of the winning project and to attend the Show.
- In addition to industry recognition, major publicity and signage preshow, during the show and after the show, your winning concept will be featured in a future issue of Foodservice Equipment Reports magazine.
- You will have the opportunity to present a seminar at IHMRS.
- Video interview with you will run on both FER and the IHMRS websites.
- Video of concept with inclusion of equipment.
- Lead generation from visitors who visit the concept installation at IHMRS.
- Winner will be notified on August 2, 2013.